PowerPoint Presentation is the simplest way to explain things in brief format. This is used to prepare and deliver presentations may be business analysis or for educational purpose. It also allows you to include graphic effects like pictures and animations to add an extra effort to your presentation. ts colorful texts, backgrounds and figures even make the presentation more appealing. There are different versions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint such as Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, Power Point 2007 and Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 for Windows OS. Therefore, lots of important data are kept in PPT presentation files. It’ll be a great issue if the data in the PPT files gets deleted or become inaccessible due to any sort of corruption or any other reasons. To overcome such scenarios you can perform Powerpoint file recovery by using reliable lost file recovery software.
Most common causes of PPT file loss are as mentioned below:
- Defragmentation failure of system hard disk: Defragmentation is a procedure to reduce to amount of fragmentation by organizing the contents of storage device physically into small numbers of contiguous fragments. So any error such as sudden power failure during this defrag process corrupts the system hard drives making all the PPT files and other data inside inaccessible.
- Unexpected system re-boot: Sudden system reboot while MS PowerPoint program is still working won’t let the PPT application to complete saving process causing logical damage to that PPT file which makes it unavailable to you. This is because improper reboot of the system won’t save all the setting properly causing loss of PPT files.
- Some other common reasons are such as virus attack, improper shut down of system, operating system corruption, fluctuation in power, application malfunctioning etc., cause loss of PPT files.
There are number of ways to avoid loss of PPT files such as :
- Always backup your PPT files properly so that in case of PPT file corruption you can make use of the backed up one.
- Save your PPT file and terminate the PPT application properly to avoid PPT file corruption.
If PowerPoint files are already lost, then stop using the storage space to save any new data until you recover lost PPT files. This is because if you’ll save any new data into the storage space where the PPT file was located then the PPT file might get overwritten with newly saved files leading to permanent data loss.
To recover all the lost PPT files easily and effectively you execute file recovery software. Apart from PPT files, this utility also restores lost .doc files, .docx files, PDF files, Excel files and many more file formats with in few instances on Windows system. This recovery tool will also guide you regarding PPT Repair PowerPoint on 2007 and 2010. This particular application will recover all types of corrupted presentation files (such as PPS, PPT and PPTX) even if they fail to open. All the attributes of the PPT files such as color, text, formatting, animations, hyperlinks, graphic effects etc., are preserved along with header and footer contents. This application also restores corrupted PPT files on Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit). This software is much user friendly and has ability to recover audio files, video files, images and all office files. You can also perform lost document recovery on Mac Lion OS X by downloading the Mac version of this file recovery software.
Steps to execute PowerPoint file recovery are as follows:
Step 1: Download and install the Lost Document Recovery software on your Windows PC.
Step 2: Open welcome screen of the software and select RECOVER FILES to restore PPT files as shown in figure 1. From the next screen shot which appears, select RECOVER LOST FILES option to retrieve lost PPT files and proceed next.
Figure 1: Welcome Screen
Step 3: Select the hard disk drive from the list of logical drives from wherer you want to recover lost PowerPoint files as displayed in figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Hard Drive
Step 4: Check the list of recovered files as shown in figure 3.
Figure 3: Recovered Files